To understand more about Apollo Group’s culture, please take a few moments to explore our core values. These core values describe the beliefs, behaviors and criteria for decision making that enable members of the Apollo Group team to fulfill our promises to our students, shareholders, employees and the community. Each and every employee strives to demonstrate these values everyday as we work to accomplish our mission of enabling access to higher education.
To determine our core values, input was gathered from all employees across the organization. We asked “how are we behaving when we are operating at our best.” In focus groups and e-mails as well as through an interactive intranet site—Apollo employees provided valuable input that was used to develop these six core values:
- Have a passion for learning: As representatives of a learning institution, we are lifelong learners. We strive to share our knowledge with—and to learn from—our students, partners and fellow employees.
- Improve society: The work we do is about more than business. We work to make a difference in our communities by providing access to education and improving the communities where we live and work.
- Embrace innovation: Creating new solutions. Making old solutions better. As we seek to achieve our mission, we are not afraid to challenge ourselves to find a better way.
- Act with integrity: We’re honest and direct. And we make every effort to do the right thing. Even when no one is looking. It’s who we are.
- Treat others as we would like to be treated: We seek out and embrace diversity—we value people and their differences. We are not robots working in an assembly line—we are human beings, and we treat one another with respect and dignity.
- Empower excellence: Excellence is the result of talented people giving their best. We give our best at all times, and we work to create an environment where others can do their best as well.
On a daily basis, our core values don’t instruct us. They inspire us to act with purpose to achieve our mission and exceed expectations.