Throughout Apollo Education Group, we implement sustainability through comprehensive environmental policies and business practices. Our goal is to prevent pollution, minimize waste, lower our carbon footprint, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, as well as conserve energy and natural resources. These programs and environmental objectives are producing significant environmental results.
Some examples of how we are doing this include:
- Phoenix lighting retrofit projects, which are projected annually to reduce over 1.3 million kilowatt hours (enough to power 100 homes for a year) and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by about 750 metric tons.
- Copy paper purchases at Apollo’s U.S. locations are shifting to full use of paper with 30 percent post-consumer recycled content.
- Apollo submitted its greenhouse gas inventory to an independent, nonprofit organization, The Climate Registry, for inclusion in the organization’s database and website (Apollo’s Submission to The Climate Registry)
The following environmental policies provide more information on our company-wide sustainability efforts:
- Real Estate and Facilities Sustainability Policy reflects how Apollo protects the environment throughout real estate and facilities lifecycle phases: acquisition, design and construction, facilities management and decommissioning.
- Environmentally Preferable Procurement Policy outlines ways Apollo obtains environmentally preferable products and services. (See also an environmental excerpt from Apollo’s Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Guide).
- IT Operations Environmental Sustainability describes practices our IT Operations employs to improve energy efficiencies and reduce consumption.