College for Financial Planning®
The College for Financial Planning (CFFP), established in 1972, is an accredited institution providing advanced education programs and quality support services to working adults in the financial services industry. The College originated the CFP® certification, which has become the gold standard for financial planning credentials. Additionally, the College is home to other industry-recognized professional designations such as the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ or CRPC®, and the Accredited Domestic Partnership Advisor℠ or ADPA℠.
The College offers comprehensive programs of study that lead to licensing or certification through individual courses, graduate-level study and continuing professional development. Learning methods include independent study, blended and online mentored study, and classroom instruction as well as seminars, workshops and conferences. All courses and programs are taught by credentialed finance industry experts who also actively develop the curriculum. Graduates of the College’s education programs report earnings increases and additional clients year after year in the annual Survey of Trends in the Financial Planning Industry.
- Student population: 25,000 (March 2014)
- Alumni population: 140,000 (March 2014)
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Member of the North Central Association (NCA)
- The CFP Certification Professional Education Program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. and satisfies the educational requirement for Certified Financial Planner℠ (CFP®)certification.
- Authorized by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE) to offer instruction for and to grant the Master of Science (MS) and Master of Science in Finance (MSF) degrees.
- 10+ professional designation programs in Financial Planning, Asset Management and Retirement Planning.
- Three Master of Science degree programs in Personal Financial Planning, Financial Analysis and Finance.
- Graduate certificates:
- Personal Financial Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial Analysis
Founded by Lew Kearns and James R. Johnston in Denver, Colorado
Accreditation earned from the Higher Learning Commission
Named one of Financial Planning magazine’s 10 Standout Schools
Named one of Financial Planning magazine's 10 Standout Schools for fourth year in a row
Partnering with NAIFA to offer the LUTCF designation.
Partnered with ExamFX to offer FINRA Series License Training
CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. The College for Financial Planning does not certify individuals to use the CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification marks. CFP® certification is granted only by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards to those persons who, in addition to completing an education requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience, and examination requirements